At Omni Logic, it is important to us that we assist our clients with technical concerns that may arise. Therefore, we try our best to provide top notch support to our clients in an effective and timely manner. In order for us to achieve this, we require a thorough description of the issue the client is experiencing and a screen shot of any errors.
Technical Support vs Consultation?
There is a fine line between what is a support question versus what is a consulting question and whether the requests are billable.
What is considered technical support?
Some topics that are considered to be a technical support issues are:
- Questions regarding software compatibility and hardware requirements
- Issues regarding NAV installation and configuration
- NAV or associated add-ons error messages.
OLS will exercise discretion when a request is received and notify the client if their request is a billable service and await client approval before resolving the issue.
What is considered a consultation?
Questions regarding NAV data or design generally require more time and resources to resolve and are typically considered a billable consultation. These are outside the scope of technical support as they are not related to the technical software issues but rather related to training and consulting.
Examples of Billable Consultations are:
- Questions on how to modify the application and add-ons to meet specific business needs
- Questions about where to find data
- Requests to build reports or dashboards
- Performance tuning of execution packages
- Training or instructing end users
If you are unsure if your inquiry is a technical issue or a consultation and whether it is billable or not, we still encourage you to submit a support ticket or send off an email to Ajla who will be able to address whether this is required to be billed.